Recently Moto G 3rd gen 2015 got unofficial CyanogenMod 12.1(CM12.1) update. This ROM is providing the users with Lollipop 5.1 obviously and not Android M. LOL!! CM12.1 for Moto G3 2015 is ported by our very own developers on XDA.
They are the biggest gift to our Android Community itself. Since this ROM is in the beta stage, you may face a little bit of issues and bugs, but overall 90% of the phone still features okay.
Also Read: Top 5 Best ROMs for Moto G 3rd Gen 2015
So if you are aware of this phone, Motorola launched its new set of this smartphone this year and is now available on Flipkart @ Rs. 11,999. Moto G 3rd Gen features a 5.00-inch 720×1280 display powered by 1.4GHz processor alongside 1GB RAM and 13-megapixel rear camera.
The phone is running on Android Lollipop 5.1 and would be getting the Android Marshmallow update soon.
We have added a full step by step tutorial of rooting,unlocking bootloader,Flashing custom roms in Moto g 3rd so that it becomes easier for you to work it out a lot easier. So do appreciate us for that.. Alright?
- You need a Custom Recovery like TWRP installed. Check here.
- You must have device drivers installed on your PC which are upto date and are working pretty fine.
- Charge your phone upto 50% to keep a safer distance.
- Also Make sure you have Unlocked the Bootloader of your Moto G 3rd Gen.
Warning: Warranty may be void if you root or install custom ROM on your device. We at DroidGeeky shall not be responsible for any damage to your device whatsoever. We are not responsible if you brick or damage your device. Reader’s discretion is advised.
Do Check out our 5 Convincing Reasons To Buy Moto G 3rd Gen!
Install CM12.1 for Moto G 3rd Gen
- Download the ROM and Gapps zip file →
CM12 → XDA Developers
Gapps → Gapps download
- You must have any custom recovery Installed on your phone like the CWM or Teamwin recovery.
- Transfer the file to your phone.
- Go to the Recovery mode of your phone by powering on the phone by pressing Vol Up and Power button simultaneously till you get the boot logo. After 2-3 sec on the boot logo, release both keys.
- Now Press volume down button to highlight Recovery option on Boot loader then press Power button to Select it.
- Now you will get into TWRP Recovery.
- Also Make sure you backup in case any thing goes wrong and also to be on the safer side.
- Click on Wipe > Select Cache, Dalvik Cache, Data, System and click on Wipe.
- Then go back and select Install and then browse to the zip file of the ROM and then click on Install.
- Once It is Flashed, Similarly Install the Gapps.
- Then Click on Reboot System.
Now you have you successfully installed CM12.1 on Moto G 3rd Gen . Now you can enjoy Interface and do let us know your opinions on it..