Quite earlier Nexus 5,6,7 got Official CM13 Update. It was a bit late, which is now.. that Nexus 9 is getting this official cyanogenmod 13 ROM. But its indeed worth the wait. Nexus 9 was running the stock android based rom.But now you will get the CM13 for Nexus 9. This article will help you in Installing the Official CM 13 custom ROM in Nexus 9.
If you had kept an eye on our website, then you would surely have seen the Android Marshmallow Wallpaper Downloads, which is a kinda cool list of Marshmallow wallpapers.
To Install this Official CM13 ROM on your Nexus 9, you need to fulfill the prerequisites. Make sure you have a rooted device and a custom recovery installed on your device before proceeding like the TWRP and CWM.
Install Official CM13 for Nexus 9
Before Installing this Official CM13 for Nexus 9., I would like to mention that this is the first nightly version, so you cannot expect very smooth performance and steadiness.
Like I say in all of my posts, just go ahead, flash and experience the ROM simply. You will surely get the next update having all these bugs fixed, with much smoother performance and lots of new features.
How to install CM13 on Nexus 9
- Download the Official CM13 ROM for Nexus 9 (LTE users may download here)
- Also Download the Gapps 6.0 package
- Just place both the CM13 ROM and Gapps files in the SD card
- Now, switch off your device and boot to recovery mode (press and hold Volume Down button + press Power button)
- In the recovery mode, simply perform a full system wipe (Wipe Data/Factory Reset, Wipe Cache Partition and then Wipe Dalvik Cache/ART cache from advanced section)
- Then Go back, and click on Install, Then Navigate to the CM13 zip file and flash it.
- Do the same for the Gapps Zip file.
- Once everything is done, click on Reboot System.
You phone will reboot and you will have CM13 install on your Nexus 9 device. Now experience the new Android 6.0 Marshmallow on your device with much amazing features.