After Xiaomi Redmi 1s getting Lollipop update, other Xiaomi devices like the Xiaomi Redmi Note 4G are waiting for the Lollipop update too. Turning on to the Specs, Xiaomi Redmi Note features a 5.5inch HD display and also has 4G capabilities. Xiaomi Redmi Note 4G also has 2GB of RAM, 8GB of internal memory expandable up to 64GB via microSD card.
CM12 ROM which was recently developed for Redmi 1s is now similarly made available to Xiaomi Redmi Note 4G users.
Xiaomi Redmi Note 4G users can now enjoy Lollipop on their smartphone by installing CyanognenMod 12 on it. Xiaomi devices are budget friendly devices and are also the most sold phones in India in 2014. Xiaomi Redmi Note 4G now has CyanogenMod 12 running on Lollipop 5.0.2. CyanogenMod 12 is based on AOSP ROM.
This process will NOT void your smartphones warranty as Xiaomi is fully supporting MIUI users for rooting, flashing and more. Any problem with your device, then those devices are happily accepted at Xiaomi Service Centers.
Also Read: Xiaomi Redmi 2A :Best under 10K!
If you don’t know what is rooting and root related stuffs, its would be better for me to please you to tell you ‘Go home you are Drunk’ before you make any potential damage is done to your smartphone. If you are just a beginner and want to know more about Rooting Read – What is Rooting on Android?
Flashing the ROM involves clearing cache, dalvik cache and other data’s. So make sure you Backup all the data’s before proceeding. You cannot blame me or DroidGeeky for loosing you photos,videos, and other important documents. You are flashing this ROM at your own risk.
Install CyanogenMod 12 (CM12) on Xiaomi Redmi Note 4G
- Download the ROM and Gapps zip file →
CM12 → http://goo.gl/OuPVvC
Gapps → https://basketbuild.com/gapps
- You must have any custom recovery Installed on your phone like the CWM or Teamwin recovery.
- Transfer the file to your phone.
- Go to the Recovery mode of your phone by powering on the Yureka by pressing Vol Up and Power button simultaneously till yo get the boot logo. After 2-3 sec on the boot logo, release both keys.
- Also Make sure you backup in case any thing goes wrong and also to be on the safer side.
- Click on Wipe > Select Cache, Dalvik Cache, Data, System and click on Wipe.
- Then go back and select Install and then browse to the zip file of the ROM and then click on Install.
- Once It is Flashed, Similarly Install the Gapps.
- Then Click on Reboot System.
Now you have you successfully installed CM12 on Redmi Note 4G . Now you can enjoy Interface and do let us know your opinions on it..