Micromax is yet becoming another popular smartphone vendor alongside Xiaomi. A few days back Micromax launched its new Smartphone – Micromax Yuphoria. This device is yet another budget smartphone pricing just Rs. 6999.
Micromax Yuhporia features a 5 inch 720P IPS display with 294 PPI. Its display screen is protected by Corning Gorilla Glass 3. This phone may be a bit heavy for you as it weighs143 grams.
Talking about the camera, Yuphoria comes with13MP f/2.2 lens rear camera and 5MP of front camera. This would be an ultimate reason for people to go buy this phone as other smartphone in this range do not provide too much of camera pixels.
Yuphoria is powered by a 1.2GHz quad-core Qualcomm Snapdragon 410 coupled with2GB of RAM and Adreno 306 GPU. 2GB of RAM is all of what it requires to provide the smooth CM12 interface.
But Now, A update has been released for Cyanogen CM12 OS. This update with build number YNG1TBS2P2 (around 38MB in size) is available as OTA update.
Cyanogen OS version: 12.0
Android OS version: 5.0.2
Software version: YNG1TBS2P2
OTA Update size: ~38 MB
The Major improvements it provides are :
- Improvement the camera quality to give you sharper images.
- Better thermal management and heat control, which will help reduce the overheating issue which was the most disspointing part of YU Yuphoria.
- A new firmware has been developed for faster typing and better gesture control, to give more fluid & seamless experience.
- The dialler experience has been improved and have made lot of improvements for better device thermal management.
“The proximity sensor’s performance has been optimized by including patches that will auto calibrate it every time the phone reboots. The touch panel has been made more responsive,” says a YU forum update.
If anyone is facing issue with the OTA flashing please do the following:
- Power the phone off
- Remove the cover from the phone
- Remove the battery
- Reinstall the battery
- Reinstall the phone cover
- Hold the VolumeUp button, wait 3 seconds and then hold both the VolumeUp button and the power button
- The phone will boot into recovery mode
- Select “Reboot” from the Recovery Menu
- After the phone boots into Cyanogen OS the phone can now update to CM 12.0 YNG1TBS2P2 by way of OTA
Yu Forum says that the development for similar update for Yuphoria is on the way..and would be released in a few weeks.