Its really exciting to see new devices running the Android 6.0 Marshmallow. But..Have you got the update? Not really? But its the time for Nexus device to get its Official update and it had arrived now.
If you are having a Nexus 6P or Nexus 5X, then you must be a lucky guy, cause you are already on the latest version of Android on it. Also Read our 5 Convincing Reasons to Buy Nexus 6P.
How to install Marshmallow on a Nexus
Do not try to flash the firmware on any device other than those listed. You could damage it seriously. The list includes Nexus 5, Nexus 6, Nexus 7 (2013), Nexus 9 or Nexus Player. As always, make sure you do a backup of the data on your phone, so that if anything goes wrong you need not worry on it.
There isn’t any requirement of rooting skills for installing this rom as this is the official ROM. You could simply download and flash it.
- Download ADB Tools and unpack the zip file
- Download Android Marshmallow for your Nexus and unpack it in the ADB Tools folder: Nexus 5 | Nexus 6 | Nexus 7 (2013) Wi-Fi | Nexus 7 (2013) Mobile | Nexus 9 (Wi-Fi) | Nexus 9 (LTE) | Nexus Player
- An unlocked bootloader
- USB Debugging enabled
- Nexus Drivers install on your PC.
Get the Android 6.0 Marshmallow update
- Turn your Nexus phone off.
- Press and hold Power and Volume Down to restart your Nexus and make it to the bootloader.
- Connect your Nexus to your computer with a USB cable.
- Open a Windows Explorer window and find the unpacked firmware you downloaded to the ADB Tools folder.
- Double click the flash-all.bat file and now it will flash the android rom.
- Your Nexus will reboot and should now be successfully running Android Marshmallow.
Check this video for reference: