Its really exciting to see new devices running the Android 6.0 Marshmallow. But..Have you got the update? Not really? But, Android Marshmallow is now available for Motorola Moto G (2014). You might be wondering how did that happen. Yet, nothing is impossible for the developers. Moto G devs have now come up with the new Cyanogenmod 13 (CM13) for Moto G 2014.
Also Read: Get the Android Marshmallow Wallpapers!
If you are having a Nexus 6P or Nexus 5X, then you must be a lucky guy, cause you are already on the latest version of Android. Also Read our 5 Convincing Reasons to Buy Nexus 6P.
This is an unofficial version and is under development to fix bugs and improve performance. Still we could enjoy a little bit of what the Nexus Marshmallow device are enjoying now.
How to install Marshmallow Update Available For Moto G (2014)
So your Moto G must satisfy the below requirements in order to get the Marshmallow Update Available For Moto G (2014) working properly… Also do keep in mind that DroidGeeky is not responsible for loss of warranty or any sort of problems that you come across.
- Make sure your phone’s Bootloader is unlocked
- Download Android Marshmallow for your Moto G 2014 here
- Custom Recovery must be installed like TWRP
- Gapps : Get it here
Get the Android 6.0 Marshmallow update
- Turn your Moto G (2014) phone off.
- Press and hold Power and Volume Down to restart your phone and make it to the bootloader.
- Use volume up/down repeatedly until Recovery option shows up, and then use Power button to select it and enter recovery mode.
- Install the package you downloaded along with Google Gapps
- Reboot and you are good to go.
- Your Phone should now be successfully running Android Marshmallow.
- Boots fine
- RIL [mobile data (no 4G though), calls, messages]
- Video Playback
- Selecting another language than English will cause a bootloop
- Stock browser can’t download files
- Stock file manager doesn’t work
Its not that stable though. There is surely a need of great developments to fix those bugs. Anyways do lets know in the comment about your felling.!